President Franklin D. Roosevelt proposed a Second Bill of Rights in 1944. It was the right idea then and it’s the right idea NOW. #ThrowbackThursday
Politically questionable children’s toys! My step dad discovered this off brand border patrol Lego set at the dollar store and bought it for me. It’s so wonderfully terrible. What the hell is the border patrol going to use a missile cannon for? To fight off the tanks being driven across our borders by the ruthless Canadian and Mexican invaders? I’m not quite sure. Only in South Carolina.
Mechanics Illustrated, June 1957
My cultural diversity class is kind of hilarious because you immediately find out who the racist, sexist, and homophobic people are. A couple people in my class have really fucked up viewpoints. You’d think they would filter themselves since they are taking a class that is supposed to be teaching equality and cultural sensitivity but they don’t. Also another thing that is kind of fucked up and funny is when I encounter minority groups that discriminate against other minority groups. There is a gay guy in my class who is totally sexist, and a woman in my class who is ridiculously homophobic. It’s so stupid. You would think that a group of people who get treated unfairly would have the sense to treat other people with respect. Unfortunately the world doesn’t seem to work that way. If it did equality would already be a thing.
Certain plants can purify the air taking out toxins or bad or stale air, these are some wonderful plants to keep around the home.
1. Bamboo Palm: It removes formaldahyde and is also said to act as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plant: It absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldahyde.
3. Areca Palm: One of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plant: Great indoor plant for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins or impurities. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldahyde from the air.
5. Peace Lily: Peace lilies could be called the “clean-all.” They’re often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. Also know to remove formaldahyde and trichloroethylene.
6. Gerbera Daisy: Not only do these gorgeous flowers remove benzene from the air, they’re known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen over night.